Facebook just announced the launching of New Facebook Timelines days ago. All pages will be fully change to Timelines effectively from 30th March 2012.
1. When will my Page get the new design?
To turn on your preview for the new Pages design, click on the green button at the top of this Page. Or you can wait until all Pages automatically get upgraded on March 30, 2012
2.Where can I learn more about how to use the new Pages?
Please find in the attachment for more details with demographic or you can start via a Page Learning Video
3. What is friend activity on a Facebook Page?
People who visit your Page will have a more personalized experience because they’ll see how their friends have interacted with you. For example, if someone tags you in one of their posts or checks in at your location, the people they originally shared with will see these stories highlighted for them on your Page’s timeline
4. What’s the best way to get people to engage with my Page timeline?
Share updates, questions, photos, links and other content on your Page regularly. Post at least a few times a week so people who like you see your stories in their news feeds, and visitors to your Page always see something new. Make sure people notice your most important content by pinning posts to the top of your Page or starring them so they’re bigger. When people engage with you, make sure to respond so they know you’re listening.
5. What is Pinning Posts
Pinning post allow the wall post to be mark at the top view for a week long, This function is suitable for tagging campaign, announcement, promotions, important news to avoid repeating post all the time.
6. What is starring?
Starring is a new function for wall post whereby it allow the wall post in full view format in timeline without relocation
7. Milestones creation for a brand
New timeline allow a brand story to be created since the beginning of the brand business. This make a stronger approach to report the development of a BRAND!
8. Changing post date
New timeline allow changing of post date without deleting the content being created for the wall post
9. New Admin Panel at the top of the timeline. Only admin can view it
- Message button allow the page to communicate direct with the fans
- Activity log to enhance the management of all wall post, inclusive the hidden post
Disadvantages: Yes & No
10. How do I change the default landing view for people visiting my Page?
For Pages with timelines, people will always see the timeline view of your Page when they visit it. Views and apps are now easy to find right below your Page’s cover. You can’t change the default landing view to another view or app, but you can link people directly to a particular view or app on your Page. Anyhow, You can also draw attention to a custom app by pinning a post about it to the top of your Page.
11. Number of Likes?
May not be the key point assessment for success in social media. Anyhow, with Amazing Business Resources, Our Content Creation Strategy, New Market Discovery Tools, Monitoring & Optimization System for Business Fanpages is always an enhancement to it.
12. Page Features: Covers
All covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Page will be able to see your cover. Covers can’t be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else’s copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal timelines.
Covers may not include:
- price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on socialmusic.com”;
- contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section;
- references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features; or
- calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”