In order to influence people to purchase your products and services, you need to get noticed. Using Facebook and Twitter are just two main social networking platforms. There are many other tools to use to connect with others. Listed below are some of the most effective and useful tools you can apply:
- Videos. Online videos for social media marketing campaigns are very important these days. Compared to articles, videos are proven to attract more attention. This is one of the reasons why YouTube is so successful.
- Photos. Just like videos, photos have similar effects with regard to marketing since people like to connect the name of a product or service with a face.
- Blogging. Blogs are wonderful social media marketing tools. The reason for this is that, with proper optimization, they could drive a lot of traffic to a site. The most famous sites for blogging are Typepad, Blogger and WordPress.
- Microblogging. Just like blogging, microblogs allow a huge opportunity for business promotion. The most popular microblogs are Posterous, Twitter, Squidoo.
- Podcasts. These are very helpful tools to promote brands, products and services. You can check RioPodcast or Blip if you want to do podcasting.
- Wikis. Online encyclopedias are always useful and informative.
- Brand monitoring. It’s important for you to be aware of your position in the market. Some helpful sites you can use are Radian6, ReputationDefender and Buzzlogic.
- Widgets. If you want to promote your product, you can make personalized logos with the use of unusual widgets on Facebook, Twitter and other channels.