It’s easy to start blogging…blogging software is inexpensive, powerful and a snap to learn.
However, it’s a lot more difficult to blog successfully; creating a business blog that increases your search engine visibility, establishes your credibility, generates quality leads and helps you grow your business.
Too many small businesses and non-profits jump into blogging without a plan in place. This in turns leads to lots of missteps, false starts and costly mistakes. Here are some of the biggest mistakes small business bloggers make…and how you can avoid them.
- Blog without a strategy
- They don’t get their own domain name for their blog
- They don’t customize or brand their blog
- They don’t realize how essential search engine optimization is the success to their blogs
- They don’t read other blogs
- They don’t leave comments at other blogs
- They don’t engage their community
- They make it difficult to subscribe
- They don’t take advantage of social media
- They measure the wrong things
- They’re not committed to the blog’s success